Propak provided a turnkey EPFC solution for this thermal SAGD facility. This plant was largely based on Propak’s 6,000 bbl/d standard facility template.
Development began with pre-FEED and FEED phases validating the concept and fit of this facility. The modular
design was successfully adjusted to fit this application providing an opportunity for streamlined EPFC execution.
This facility, consisting of 117 modules, was engineered, fabricated and constructed over an industry leading duration of less than 14 months from project sanction to first steam.
- Nameplate Oil Capacity: 6,000 bbl/d
- Steam Generation Capacity: 16,450 bbl/d CWE
- Pipe Racks modularized, assembled and trial fit at
Propak’s Airdrie facilities
- All equipment modularized; no site erected buildings required
- Remote I/O technology implemented allowing for instrumentation pre-commissioning in shop
- Process Units: Inlet Separation, Emulsion Treatment, Source Water Treatment, Boiler Feed Water System, OTSGs, Steam System, De-Oiling, Fuel Gas System, Utilities
- 1 Pad – 9 SAGD Well Pairs
- Modular well pad facilities: pre-assembled pipe racks, well control manifold building complete with vertical test separator vessel
- Commissioning & Start-Up
- Field Construction